Welcome to our ML Schedules Winter Guide! In this comprehensive resource, we have gathered some of the most common questions that people often have going into the Holidays and the Winter months of the year. We have created this collection of FAQs to ensure that your ML Schedules system is ready to go for Winter.
Is there a way to cancel all approved requests in the event that school is cancelled?
With the unpredictable weather that Winter can bring, your district may end up closing school abruptly, leaving your district with little time to cancel events that may be taking place on that given day. Within ML Schedules, there is a Mass Cancel Events feature that is perfect for when this occurs.
1. Select Requests > Mass Cancel Events on the Left-side toolbar - The Mass Cancel Events screen will be displayed.
Note: The page will default to the current date showing all approved, pending or on-hold events scheduled. You can adjust the date or select an entire date range if needed. Select the View Events button after changing the date(s).
2. Select the checkbox next to the events that you would like to cancel. Selecting the topmost checkbox will select all of the events.
Note: If you would like to filter the Site or Space you will want to take the additional steps in the appropriate section below labeled:
- Adjusting the Mass Cancel Site
- Adjusting the Mass Cancel Space
3. Enter the appropriate text in the Cancel Reason field.
Note: The text entered here will be sent in the emails that will automatically be sent to all affected Group Managers and Additionally Notified Users.
If you do not want to send an email, ensure "Send Email" is unchecked.
4. Select the Cancel Events button to Cancel all events.
Can I block groups from submitting requests on Holidays?
During this time of year, your district is going to have a number of days that it's closed for Holidays and Winter Breaks. To ensure that groups aren't making requests during these times, you can take advantage of the Blocked Dates Feature inside of ML Schedules.
To use this feature you must have the Manage Blocked Dates permission. The permission can be applied on the Manage Users page.
1. Select Admin > Manage Blocked Dates.
The Manage My Blocked Dates page will be displayed.
2. Select the option
The Manage Blocked Dates screen will be displayed that includes the following fields:
- Start Time
- End Time
- Site: Defaults to All Sites (District-Wide Block) or a specific Site can be selected using the dropdown or typing into the box.
- Space: Defaults to All Spaces or a specific Space can be selected using the dropdown or typing into the box.
- Standard Recurrence: Selecting this checkbox will display the default options. Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly.
- Custom Recurrence: Selecting this checkbox will display a Calendar modal and multiple dates can be selected.
- Show to Public: Option to show on the public Calendar.
- Title: Title that will display on the Calendar.
- Additional Information: Optional information that can be viewed when the blocked date is viewed on the public calendar.
- Event Type: Selecting this Field will display Event types that can be tagged to this Blocked Date.
- Classification: Select a Classification you would like to target with this blocked date.
- Notify Users of Blocked Date: Choose who you would like to notify regarding this blocked date. This appears when adding a new blocked date and editing an existing one.
3. Select the Add button once complete.
Adding a Blocked Date using the New Request button
1. Click the New Request option at the top right of the screen
2. Select the Add Blocked Date(s) option
4. Fill out the Blocked Dates form similar to the Admin page.
5. Click Add
How can I show information on the calendar that may not be actual requests in ML Schedules?
There may be some things happening at your district this time of year that may not be an event that needs to be approved that you would like on the calendar. Whether it's a Winter Spirit Week, Concert, etc. these can be added to your calendar as Calendar Information.
Note: When information is added to the Calendar, it will not block out the locations from being used. If facility rentals should be blocked, you will want to use the Manage Blocked Dates section instead.
1. Select the New Request button at the top right of the page.
2. Select the Add Information option.
3. Fill out the Calendar Information Details.
- Date - The start date of the Event Information
- Time - Enter the Start and End Time or select the "All Day Event" checkbox
- Site - Select the Site where you would like the Information to be displayed
- Space - Select the Space where you would like the Information to be displayed
- Standard Recurrence - Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly, etc.
- Custom Recurrence - Selecting this option will populate a Calendar where multiple dates can be selected
- Show to Public - Checking this checkbox will allow the Information to be displayed on the Public Calendar
- Title (Event Name) - Name of the Information (example Below)
- Additional Information - Additional details can be added when viewing the Event Information page. Users are able to enter links and images within this section that will be viewed on the calendar.
- Event Type - You can link the information to an Event Type if applicable.
- Users to Notify - Choose who you would like to notify regarding this calendar information. This appears when adding a new calendar info and editing an existing one.
4. Select the Add at the bottom of the modal.
Example of the Event Information page.