ML Schedules™ Software allows Admins to create district-specific Group Classifications, each with its own set of permissions.
1. Select Users > Manage Classifications to display the Manage Classifications screen
2. Select the + Add Classification button at the upper right of the screen.
3. Enter the name of the Classification along with a description of the type of groups included in the classification.
4. Choose the correct settings from the drop-down menu that you would like groups associated with this classification to:
- Application Fee: If you charge an application fee for this classification you can enter the amount within this field.
- Bypass approval: Allows all groups within the classification to bypass the approval process throughout the entire system.
- Bypass min/max days: Allows all groups within the classification to bypass the minimum and maximum days notice set up throughout the entire system.
- Bypass blocked dates: Allows all groups within the classification to bypass the blocked dates set up throughout the entire system.
- Require insurance (flag): Typically, outside groups are required to upload insurance files and enter the expiration date of the certificate in order to submit a request. If a group does not upload its insurance information, they will be flagged and notified that the District requires an insurance file upload before making a request. This will still allow them to submit the request.
- Require insurance (block): Districts may not want to allow groups to submit facility requests at all if the required insurance documentation is not provided. If a district would like to block groups with missing or expired insurance information from submitting requests through the system, they can use this setting.
- Allow double booking: This will allow all groups within the Classification to still submit a request if another request is still "pending" and has not been officially approved for a certain facility, date and time.
- Agree to Estimated Cost: This setting allows districts to require Groups within specific Classifications to Agree to Estimated Costs before submitting their requests. This helps to eliminate any potential confusion regarding facility use costs that may be incurred for an event.
- Show Event Details:
- Days Notice to Cancel: You have the ability to require a specific number of days notice to cancel a request. (Most common setting here is 2-3 days notice).
- Days Notice to Request: You have the ability to require a specific number of days notice to book events. (Common number of days are 7 or 14 days notice).
- Days Notice to Edit: You have the ability to set a number of days that allows a Group User to Edit their Request. Once the Request has been edited, the approval process will restart.
- Days in Future Allowed: This is where you would set how far out into the future you are going to allow requests to be submitted (Most common settings here are 180 or 365 days into the future) You can also set a specific Date here, but if you do this, you must remember to continue updating it.
Note: An email will be sent to all users with the Manage District Settings permission if the current date falls within 30 days of the Days in future allowed date. This will remind the users to update this setting so requests can be submitted.
- Past Due Invoice Requests:
- Allow: This option will allow Groups in this Classification to Submit Requests even if they have Past Due Invoices.
- Block: This allows you to block a certain Classification from submitting Requests if they have a Past Due Invoice.
- Flag: This will Flag the Group if they have Past Due Invoices. However, they will still be able to submit Requests.
- Can Submit a Request for Multiple Sites:
- Yes: This allows Groups in this Classification to submit a request for multiple sites.
- No: This does not allow Groups in this Classification to submit a request for multiple sites. It will only allow them to enter a request for one site at a time.
- Send Custom Contract PDF as Attachment on Approval :
- Yes: Selecting Yes will enable a contract to be sent as an attachment on Approval for All requests under this Classification.
- No: Selecting No will prevent any contracts from being sent out to this Classification.
- Manual: Selecting Manual will enable users to send the contract via the Request Details page. However, these will not be sent automatically.
5. Select the Save button.
Repeat steps 1 – 5 for each new classification that needs to be added.
Group Classifications Example:
Classification I – District staff members or school-related groups.
Classification II – Non-Profit Organizations
Classification III – For-Profit Organizations