ML Schedules™ K12 Facility Request Software integrates directly with 8to18™ Athletic Scheduling Software. Once the programs are synchronized via a one-time procedure, 8to18™ will automatically update ML Schedules™ whenever an athletic event is created or updated within 8to18™.
To directly integrate the two software programs, please contact email@example.com. A representative with ML Schedules will need to activate the integration between the two programs. Please note that there is an additional fee for this integration.
In ML Schedules™ Software:
1. Designate Athletic Spaces using the Manage Spaces page.
- For more information about Managing Spaces, see Setup Sites and Spaces section of this help site.
- Only ML Schedules™ Software users assigned the District Admin role can designate a Space as Athletic.
The Manage Space screen includes a field called “Is Athletic?” that needs to be set for Yes for all athletic spaces setup in ML Schedules™ Software that need to link to the district’s 8to18™ program. This enables the linking of specific spaces with 8to18™ towards the end of this procedure.
For each space that needs to be linked to 8to18™ Software:
1. Select the Locations > Manage Spaces command to display a list of Spaces currently setup in your district’s ML Schedules™ account.
2. Select the Edit icon () to the right of the existing space to be designated as Athletic. The Manage Space screen will be displayed.
3. Select Yes from the Is Athletic? drop-down menu.
4. Select the Save button.
Repeat steps 1 – 4 for all existing district spaces to be synchronized with 8to18™ Software.
Set Up External Event Group
An External Event Group is used to manage events coming into ML Schedules™ Software from the 8to18™ program.
1. From the Settings > Integration Settings screen, enter “Athletic Events” in the Group to Create External Events field.
All events that are synced from 8to18 will be associated with this new ML Schedules™ Athletic Events Group.
Set Default Duration for External Events (optional)
The Default Duration for External Events value determines how many minutes an event lasts if no other setting is entered. 8to18™ Software will use the event End Time if one is specified in ML Schedules™ Software; otherwise this default value will be used.
The default value is 120 minutes which can be changed to another value, if desired.
1. Enter a new default External Event Duration or leave the 120 minute (2 hour) default setting.
Link ML Schedules™ Spaces with 8to18™ Facilities
Within the left menu select the Maintenance menu and then select the Facilities sub-menu.
1. Click the Edit icon next to the Facility that you would like to integrate with ML Schedules.
2. Within the ML Space field there will be a Drop-down menu showing all ML Schedules™ Spaces designated as Athletic in step 1-3 of this procedure. Select the corresponding ML Schedules Space within the ML Space field. After linking the two facilities select the Update button.
Push All Future Events from 8to18 to ML Schedules
Within the left menu select the Events menu and then select the Upload Events sub-menu.
1. Select the Click to Schedule button within the ML Mass Event Upload section. This will push all future events scheduled for the linked facilities from 8to18 over to ML Schedules.
That completes the software integration setup process between ML Schedules™ and 8to18™. From now on, any event created in 8to18™ Software will automatically be reflected in ML Schedules™ for the designated Space/facility.