Create a New User Account
Create and Edit Group
- This procedure is based on a consolidated New Account Setupscreen that includes fields to upload a Group’s insurance certificate and enter its expiration date during account creation (vs. editing an existing Group Profile).
- Effective Saturday, January 28, 2017, subscribing school districts have their own specific domain . Access to these district-specific domains requires a district-specific URL (web browser address). Most subscribing-district websites include a link to its ML Schedules™ Software Facility Request account. Contact your district if you are cannot find the URL.
1. Access the ML Schedules™ software login screen from any web browser connected to the internet using your district-specific URL.
Note: The format of the district-specific URLs is a two character State Abbreviation followed by a number-dot-mlschedules.com. In the example screen shown below, the URL is ny9.mlschedules.com.
2. Select the Create New Account command from the district-specific login page. (The command is the first Other Options entry on the right side of the screen.)
The New Account Setup screen (shown below) will be displayed where you can enter information about:
- Yourself as a Group Manager, and
- The Group you are managing. In addition to basic Group information, this screen also allows you to:
- Request a Group Classification.
- Upload a non-district Group’s insurance certificate and enter the expiration date.
- Upload supporting files such as 501(c)(3) forms for nonprofit Groups.
Note: Once your account is set up, you may want to bookmark the URL for your district’s log-in page in your web browser.
3. Enter all requested USER INFORMATION including:
- First and Last Name
- Email address including confirmation
- Password with confirmation
Note: If you are an internal district educator that will be making requests on behalf of your class, use your first and last name as the Group Name.
4. Enter all basic GROUP INFORMATION information about the first Group you will be managing including:
- Group Name
- Phone number including Area Code
- Street mailing address including ZIP Code
5. Select the Group Classification that most closely aligns with your Group.
Group Classification Notes:
- A District Admin will need to approve (or change) your requested Group Classification. Note that you will not be able to submit Facility Use Requests for this Group until your requested Classification is approved.
- If your district does not use Group Classifications, the Classifications drop-down menu will have no available options.
6. Non-District Groups: Provide information about your Group’s insurance:
- Select the Choose File button in the Non-District Groups section to display a file navigation window where you can select your Group’s current Insurance certificate (PDF or JPG formats).
- Enter the Expiration Date from the Insurance Certificate.
7. Upload additional files relating to your Group in the Additional Group Files section.
Note: If you manage a nonprofit Group, it is recommended that you upload a 501(c)(3) form so the district has proof of the Group’s nonprofit status.
When all relevant fields have been entered and files uploaded:
8. Select the Create User Account button at the bottom of the screen.
A thank you for registering page will be displayed and an email message confirming your registration will be sent to the email address entered in the Create New Account screen. Keep this message for your records.