ML Schedules™ K12 Facility Request Software allows District Admins to create customized fields that can be included on an online Facility Use Request form associated with a specific Space or Spaces.
For example, an Baseball Field may have specific equipment/setup options that can only be requested at that space. The district could create a custom Equipment field called “Field Striping” and associate it with the Facility Use Request form for the Baseball Field. Unless specified, this custom Field would not appear on any Request forms associated with any other district Space in ML Schedules™ Software.
Example Request Form:
The procedure below describes how District Admins can create a custom field and assign it to a Request form section such as Additional Information, Equipment and Personnel. Then assign the custom field to a Request form for a specific Space(or Spaces).
For more information about Customizing form fields by Space, see the background article in the Theory Guide section.
Create a custom field
From any ML Schedules™ Software screen while logged in as a District Admin:
1. Select Settings > Setup Items > Manage Fields from the left-side toolbar.
The Manage My Fields screen will be displayed.
3. Select the Add icon () in the upper right of the Manage My Fields screen.
The Manage Field screen will be displayed.
4. Select the Section of the Request form from the drop-down menu in which the custom field will appear:
- Additional Information
- Doors to be opened
Note: Choose the Section that best fits the type of field being added (ex: # of Microphones would go in Equipment section while # of Custodians would go in Personnel.)
5. Choose the Type of field to be created. Options include:
- Yes/No with Required Notes
6. Enter a Field Name based on the field Type selected in step 5 as shown below:
- For a Number field, name the field “#/number of _______”.
- For a Text field, be specific in the field name to ensure you receive the correct information as this field is an open-ended (i.e., free text) response.
- For a Yes/No field, make sure the Field name is stated as a question that can only be answered with yes or no responses.
- For a Yes/No with Required Notes field, make sure the field name defines the information that should be entered in the Required Note, if Yes is selected. For example: Do you need doors unlocked? (If so, enter the desired time).
7. Select whether the custom field is Required.
Choose Yes if this field must be completed by the requestor to submit an online Facility Use Request at your district.
8. If applicable, enter the Fee information for the custom Field.
8A. Set a Default Rate amount.
8B. Set a Default Rate Period (Per Hour/Per Event) from the drop-down menu.
If your district does not use Classifications, skip step 8C.
8C. If your district does use Classifications, set the Rate Per Class (based on Weekday/Saturday/Sunday Rates):
- Enter the Weekday, Saturday and Sunday rate for each Class and;
- Select if it will be a Per Hour or Per Event rate from the drop-down menu.
Once the custom field information is entered, you can choose on which Spaces the new custom Field will appear.
9. Check the box next to all Spaces with which the new custom field should be associated.
10. Select the Save button.
The new custom Field will now be available in the Manage My Fields screen and can be added to Facility Use Request forms associated with any district Space.
Watch this short video to see how to Create A Custom Field for your Facility Use Request Form.