ML Schedules™ K12 Facility Request Software allows District Admins to create customized fields that can be included on an online Facility Use Request form associated with a specific Space or Spaces.
For example, an Baseball Field may have specific equipment/setup options that can only be requested at that space. The district could create a custom Equipment field called “Field Striping” and associate it with the Facility Use Request form for the Baseball Field. Unless specified, this custom Field would not appear on any Request forms associated with any other district Space in ML Schedules™ Software.
Example Request Form:
The procedure below describes how District Admins can create a custom field and assign it to a Request form section such as Additional Information, Equipment and Personnel. Then assign the custom field to a Request form for a specific Space(or Spaces).
For more information about Customizing form fields by Space, see the background article in the Theory Guide section.
Create a custom field
From any ML Schedules™ Software screen while logged in as a District Admin:
1. Select Settings > Setup Items > Manage Fields from the left-side toolbar.
The Manage My Fields screen will be displayed.
3. Select the Add icon () in the upper right of the Manage My Fields screen.
The Manage Field screen will be displayed.
4. Select the Section of the Request form from the drop-down menu in which the custom field will appear:
- Additional Information
- Doors to be opened
Note: Choose the Section that best fits the type of field being added (ex: # of Microphones would go in Equipment section while # of Custodians would go in Personnel.)
5. Choose the Type of field to be created. Options include:
- Yes/No with Required Notes
6. Enter a Field Name based on the field Type selected in step 5 as shown below:
- For a Number field, name the field “#/number of _______”.
- For a Text field, be specific in the field name to ensure you receive the correct information as this field is an open-ended (i.e., free text) response.
- For a Yes/No field, make sure the Field name is stated as a question that can only be answered with yes or no responses.
- For a Yes/No with Required Notes field, make sure the field name defines the information that should be entered in the Required Note, if Yes is selected. For example: Do you need doors unlocked? (If so, enter the desired time).
7. Select whether the custom field is Required.
Choose Yes if this field must be completed by the requestor to submit an online Facility Use Request at your district.
8. If applicable, enter the Fee information for the custom Field.
8A. Set a Default Rate amount.
8B. Set a Default Rate Period (Per Hour/Per Event) from the drop-down menu.
If your district does not use Classifications, skip step 8C.
8C. If your district does use Classifications, set the Rate Per Class (based on Weekday/Saturday/Sunday Rates):
- Enter the Weekday, Saturday and Sunday rate for each Class and;
- Select if it will be a Per Hour or Per Event rate from the drop-down menu.
Once the custom field information is entered, you can choose on which Spaces the new custom Field will appear.
9. Check the box next to all Spaces with which the new custom field should be associated.
Optional Setting: Setup Additional Notified Users based upon a specific field that is filled out on the request form.
1. Scroll to the bottom of the Manage Field screen to the Additional Notifications section.
2. Select the down arrow next to the site (building) to be set up first.
A list of all district staff assigned the Additionally Notify role will be displayed.
Note: The Additionally Notify can also be assigned during the Setup Space procedure, if notifications need to be sent based on the Space.
3. Select the checkbox next to the staff member(s) to be notified at that specific Site(building) when the selected Field is requested/completed.
4. Repeat steps 4 – 5 for all of your Sites (buildings).
Optional Setting: Automatically have a work order created if the field is filled out on the request form.
You will be able to select if you would like a Maintenance or IT Work Order to be generated within ML Work Orders™ for approved events requesting that specific Field.
For example: If the field for "# of Chairs" is selected as a piece of equipment needed for an ML Schedules™ event, you can have a Work Order automatically generated in ML Work Orders™ for this event.
4.) Select the Save button.
5) Repeat steps 1-4 for all other Fields you would like a Work Order automatically generated for.
Watch this short video to see how to Create A Custom Field for your Facility Use Request Form.