ML Schedules™ K12 Facility Request Software allows District Admins to create customized fields that can be included on an online Facility Use Request form associated with a specific Space or Spaces.
Create a custom field
From any ML Schedules™ Software screen while logged in as a District Admin:
1. Select Settings > Setup Items > Manage Fields from the left-side toolbar.
The Manage My Fields screen will be displayed.
3. Select the Add icon () in the upper right of the Manage My Fields screen.
4. Select the Section of the Request form from the drop-down menu in which the custom field will appear:
- Additional Information
- Doors to be opened
Note: Choose the Section that best fits the type of field being added (ex: # of Microphones would go in the Equipment section while # of Custodians would go in the Personnel section.)
5. Choose the Type of field to be created. Options include:
- Number (Requires the user to enter a number)
- Text (This shows an empty text field)
- Yes/No (This shows a yes or no dropdown with a notes section)
- Yes/No with Required Notes (This shows a yes or no dropdown and if the user selects yes then they will be required to enter additional information in the notes section)
- Multi Select Dropdown (This provides the user with a multiple choice dropdown and allows them to select multiple items)
- Single Select Dropdown (This provides the user with a multiple choice dropdown and allows them to only select one option)
6. Enter a Field Name based on the field Type selected in step 5 as shown below:
- For a Number field, name the field “# of _______”. (i.e. # of tables needed)
- For a Text field, be specific in the field name to ensure you receive the correct information as this field is an open-ended (i.e., free text) response.
- For a Yes/No field, make sure the Field name is stated as a question that can only be answered with yes or no responses.
- For a Yes/No with Required Notes field, make sure the field name defines the information that should be entered in the Required Note, if Yes is selected. For example: Do you need doors unlocked? (If so, enter the desired time).
- For the single select dropdown and multi select dropdown options, you will be able to create options within the dropdown menus. Please note that you must select the Save & Continue Editing button at the bottom of the page before you are able to add the options.
7. Select whether the custom field is Required.
Choose Yes if this field must be completed by the requestor to submit an online Facility Use Request at your district.
8. Select if only admins can fill out this Field.
Note: If selected to YES this Field will only display to Users with the Edit Requests permission.
9. If applicable, enter the Fee information for the custom Field.
9A. Set a Default Rate amount.
9B. Set a Default Rate Period (Per Hour/Per Event) from the drop-down menu.
If your district does not use Classifications, skip step 8C.
9C. If your district does use Classifications, set the Rate Per Class (based on Weekday/Saturday/Sunday Rates):
- Enter the Weekday, Saturday and Sunday rate for each Class and;
- Select if it will be a Per Hour or Per Event rate from the drop-down menu.
Once the custom field information is entered, you can choose on which Spaces the new custom Field will appear.
10. Check the box next to all Spaces with which the new custom field should be associated.
Optional Setting: Setup Additional Notified Users based upon a specific field that is filled out on the request form.
1. Scroll to the bottom of the Manage Field screen to the Additional Notifications section.
2. Select the down arrow next to the site (building) to be set up first.
A list of all district staff assigned the Additionally Notify role will be displayed.
Note: The Additionally Notify can also be assigned during the Setup Space procedure, if notifications need to be sent based on the Space.
3. Choose a staff member(s) from the list to be notified at that specific Site(building) when the selected Field is requested/completed.
4. Repeat steps 4 – 5 for all of your Sites (buildings).
Optional Setting: Automatically have a work order created if the field is filled out on the request form.
You will be able to select if you would like a Maintenance or IT Work Order to be generated within ML Work Orders™ for approved events requesting that specific Field.
For example: If the field for "# of Chairs" is selected as a piece of equipment needed for an ML Schedules™ event, you can have a Work Order automatically generated in ML Work Orders™ for this event.
4.) Select the Save button.
5) Repeat steps 1-4 for all other Fields you would like a Work Order automatically generated for.
Watch this short video to see how to Create A Custom Field for your Facility Use Request Form.