ML Schedules™ K12 Facility Request Software allows District Admins to create four different types of customized fields that can be included on an online Facility Use Request form associated with a specific space or spaces:
- Yes/No with Required Notes
Each of these field types is described in this procedure.
While ML Schedules™ Software includes more than 50 standard Request form fields in three categories (Additional Information, Equipment and Personnel), school districts sometimes need to add a unique non-standard field to a Request form.
For example, an Auditorium may have specific equipment/setup options that can only be requested at that space. The district could create a custom Equipment field called “Spotlight” and associate it with the Facility Use Request form for the Space named “Auditorium.” Unless specified by the Admin, this custom field would not appear on Request forms associated with any other district Space in ML Schedules™ Software.
The procedure below describes how District Admins can:
- Create a custom field and assign it to a Request form section such as Additional Information, Equipment and Personnel.
- Assign the custom field to a Request form for a specific Space(or Spaces).
For more information about Customizing form fields by Space, see the background article in the Theory Guide section.
Note: You can select any screen in this procedure to see a larger version in a new window.
1. Create a custom field
From any ML Schedules™ Software screen while logged in as a District Admin:
1. Select Admin > District Settings > Manage Fields from the black top toolbar. The Manage My Fields screen will be displayed.
2. Select the Add () icon in the upper right of the Manage My Fields screen. The Manage Field screen will be displayed.
4. Select the Section of the Request form from the drop-down menu in which the custom field will appear:
- Additional Information
Note: Choose the Section that best fits the type of field being added (ex: # of Snowshoes would go in Equipment section while # of Snowshoe Guides would go in Personnel.)
5. Choose the Type of field to be created. Options include (with the resultant field as displayed in a Request form):
Note: The user must enter text in the Required Notes field to have the setting accepted by the system.
6. Enter a Field Name based on the field Type selected in step 5 as shown below:
- For a Number field, name the field “#/number of _______”.
- For a Text field, be specific in the field name to ensure you receive the correct information as this field is an open-ended (i.e., free text) response.
- For a Yes/No field, make sure the Field name is stated as a question that can only be answered with yes or no responses.
- For a Yes/No with Required Notes field, make sure the field name defines the information that should be entered in the Required Note. For example: Unlock Door (enter the desired time).
7. Select whether the custom field is Required. Choose Yes if this field must be completed by the requestor to submit an online Facility Use Request at your district.
8. If applicable, enter the Fee information for the custom Field.
8A. Set a Default Rate amount.
8B. Set a Default Rate Period (Per Hour/Per Event) from the drop-down menu.
If your district does not use Classifications, skip step 8C.
8C. If your district does use Classifications, set the Rate Per Class (based on Weekday/Saturday/Sunday Rates):
- Enter the Weekday, Saturday and Sunday rate for each Class and;
- Select if it will be a Per Hour or Per Event rate from the drop-down menu.
Once the custom field information is entered, you can choose on which Spaces the new custom Field will appear.
Assign the custom field to a Facility Use Request by Space
1. Check the box next to all Spaces with which the new custom field should be associated.
2. Select the Save button.
The new custom field will now be available in the Manage My Fields screen and can be added to Facility Use Request forms associated with any district space.