The ML Schedules™ and Google Calendar integration allows you to display ML Schedules™ events on your districts Google Calendars and vice versa.
This integration is set up on a per Space basis. Meaning, individual Google Calendars will need to be set up for all Spaces you have in ML Schedules™ that you want to integrate.
Example: A unique Google Calendar will need to be set up specifically for the HS Auditorium. It can not be set up for the High School in general, it will need to be for a specific Space.
Note: On the Google Calendar side you will only want to grant access to these Google Calendars to internal staff members who do not require approval (since entering events in Google allows users to bypass the approval process in ML Schedules™.) If a user requires approval, you will want them to enter their event directly through ML Schedules™, so that it goes through the necessary approval process.
To set up the ML Schedules™ Software integration with Google Calendar:
1. From Google Calendar select the “Add Other Calendars” command.
3. Select the New Calendar option.
4. Name the calendar to match the Space you are integrating it with in ML Schedules™ Software. (Note: You do not have to enter any information in the Description sections)
5. Select Create Calendar.
6. Select the Calendar name, once it is displayed to the left under "Settings for my calendar".
7. Find the “Share with Specific People” section at the bottom of the page and select Add People.
8. Enter the following email address: email@example.com and change the permissions to Make Changes to Events.
9. Select Send.
Share and allow permissions to “Make changes to events” with all staff members who will be entering events on this calendar without going through approval.
10. From the Calendar settings, scroll down to Integrate Calendar section.
11. Copy the displayed Calendar ID.
12. Login to ML Schedules™ and select Admin > District Settings > Manage Spaces.
13. Find the Space from the list of displayed ML Schedules Spaces™ and click the Edit icon (.)
14. Enter the copied Calendar ID in the Google Calendar ID field.
15. Select the Save button.
16. Repeat steps 1 - 15 for all Spaces you would like to integrate.