The procedure to assign a staff member the Space Approver role for one (or more) of your district’s facilities consists of two parts:
- Assign the Space Approver role to a new or existing district user, and;
- Add the User as an approver to specific Spaces.
These procedures can only be performed by a District Admin and the second part requires that all a District’s Sites (buildings) be previously entered.
Assign the Space Approver Role
To assign a staff member the Space Approver role for one (or more) of your district’s facilities, after logging in as an Admin:
1. Select Admin > District Settings > Manage Users from the drop-down menu. The Manage Users screen will be displayed.
a. Add a new User: Select the Add icon (). Assign the role to an existing district user: Select the Edit icon ().
3. Add new user: Enter the staff member’s contact information.
4. Select the checkbox next to the Space Approver role as well as any other roles to be assigned to the staff member.
Note: You can use the Edit Profile command to assign Roles at anytime, not just during User account setup.
5. Optional: Enter a note that describes the district spaces for which the user has the Space Approver role. E.g., “All HS Facilities”.
6. Select the Save button
Add Approver to Spaces
Important: To complete this part of the procedure, all of the district Sites must be entered into the system. See Set Up Sites and Spaces for more information.
7. Select Admin > District Settings > Manage Spaces from the drop-down menu.
8. Add a new Space: To add a new space, select the Add icon (). The Add Space screen will be displayed. Compete all applicable information and select the Save button. (See Set Up Sites and Spaces for details).
9. Add an Approver to an existing Space: Select the Edit icon () next to the space where the approver will be added.
10. Scroll to the bottom of the screen and add or edit Space approvers by selecting users from the drop-down menus.
Note that the sequence in which the user is added will determine the Facility Use Request approval process for that Space.
11. Select the Save button to save your changes. The Manage Spaces screen will be displayed.